1 post tagged Draw Something
Yesterday, ReadWriteWeb published an article by Alicia Eler on the rapidly diminishing usage of Draw Something, a mobile app recently purchased by Zynga for a reported $200 million and change. According to Forbes, the app is shedding 5 millions users a month since the Zynga purchase.
To me, the main reasons are obvious.
Beyond the simple fact that drawing with your finger can get frustrating, the Draw Something gameplay is tedious:
- There’s no reason to play for coins
- You don’t earn more coins for guessing or drawing quicker
- You can easily write the word if you value worthless coins over honesty
- The interstitials of stars and happy explosions take way too long
- The sequence required to “finish” a turn forces a question, “Do I have time and patience to do this right now?”: watch your drawing being guessed (skippable), guess your friend’s drawing, draw your response.